Why do pests become a problem?
Insects, birds and animals are everywhere. Who can fail to be impressed at the sight of the urban fox nonchalantly walking down a city road in the small hours? Or the sight of a rabbit, hopping gracefully over the dewy lawns of the local park?
But, when we are over run with insects, birds or animals, they become a pest. Some are benign, simply an irritation and a nuisance but, some present a danger to our health. Who wants to live with the threat of possibly being stung by a wasp every time they pass the nest in the doorway or, eat from kitchen over run with mice or rats?
But why do pests become pests? What contributes to the problem and exacerbates the issue?
I’m Spencer Willmott and as part of West London Pest Control, I frequently work in and around Harley Street and pests become an issue when one or a combination of the following factors take shape.
- Habitat – as a qualified pest controller, I know that pests become a nuisance when their habitat is compromised. This can mean that it is no longer there due to the built environment encroaching on their space or, that our environment makes a great place for them to go about their business. Many London streets, including Harley Street are inter-connected and thus, many animals can move around with no issue at all, undetected by us.
- Weather – prolonged periods of weather patterns can also create the perfect environment for some pests to flourish. Wet weather and flooding push rats and mice, for example, from the sewers into our homes and businesses.
- Us – our habits can also inadvertently encourage some pests into our space. Rats and mice, for example, have long been known to use bins and so on, as a food source.
What can be done about them?
You do not have to live with pests, whether this is sharing your home, business, or outdoor space. I can offer effective and humane solutions.
As well as holding the industry standard qualification – a comprehensive course with a bar that is set high – but also a range of additional skills, qualifications and experience;
- Safety is key in pest control and not just in the use of safe pesticides and insecticides in homes, businesses and public places. Operating successfully is key too.
- No situation is unreachable – no place is out of reach
Dealing with a pest control issue quickly and effectively is important. Offering a discreet service through Harley Street, Cavendish Square and all areas within the W1G postcode, why not call West London Pest Control for an immediate response?