Dealing with nuisance pests at Wandsworth businesses and homes
No one likes the idea of sharing their home or running a business with a pest in or around it. Pests comes in various shapes and sizes; from the smallest, lentil shaped bed bug to the urban fox, to the scampering rabbit to the gnawing squirrel, we live with these creatures every day. They are key to rich flora and fauna that surrounds us but, when they encroach too much on our space, it can lead to all kinds of problems.
- Nuisance – bedbugs that feed on us at night, fleas that bite us, moths that chew holes in clothes to beetles that eat through wooden structures, some pests are just a downright nuisance. They can cause a huge amount of damage in a short space of time that can be costly to repair.
- Damage – some pests cause damage that is not only costly, but dangerous. Squirrels, rats and mice all have teeth that constantly grow thus, they need to keep gnawing items to keep this growth in check. Chewing through furnishing and stored items is one thing, but the dangers of gnawing through electrical cables in lofts and cellars is quite another.
- Health hazard – some pests present significant issues to human health and, as such, it is imperative that they are dealt with quickly and effectively. Cockroaches spread salmonella as they scamper across work surfaces, food, floors and so on. Rats constantly excrete urine as they scamper about Wandsworth properties and gardens too, with the bacteria in the urine making humans very ill should it be ingested.
An effective solution
The only really effective solution to pests is to call in a professional, knowledgeable pest controller. I’m Gary Coates and, as part of West London Pest Control, I frequently work in and around the SW 18 area meaning I can respond to your call for help quickly.
- Qualified – highly qualified with a Level 2 award in ‘Pest Control & Management’ from the Royal Society of Public Health, I can identify and eradicate all pests. This qualification also covers the use, storage and transportation of both insecticides and pesticides. Pest control, however, is not just about laying traps or poison.
- Specialist – some pests take more than a few traps or poison to be dealt with effectively. Many animals and birds are naturally suspicious of new things in their territory thus, some options do not treat them as such, but push them to another area. I believe it is important to identify why the pests has become such a problem in the area, and deal with the cause as well as the pest itself.
- Experienced – as well as being an experienced pest controller, I also bring many skills from my 20 years’ service in the military. People with a pest issue want prompt, effective action to deal with it!
- Up to date – regulations and laws change all the time and these can sometimes affect how certain pests are treated. As a member of the National Pest Technicians Association, I stay up to date with all these changes and, as an active member of Basis PROMPT I also have access to many courses for continuing professional development.
Safe, insured and humane are also three additional skills I bring to every pest control issue in and around Wandsworth and other areas within SW18. If you think you have a pest, don’t delay – call me today for a prompt, immediate response.